No worries though. I completed my grocery run without any commotion, nor did I scare anyone, but I did get a few stares. I must admit that while summer wreaks havoc on my hair, I really don’t mind, because I love summer. Therefore, I have created a top ten list of my favorite things regarding this very short and fleeting season.
Top Ten Things I Love About Summer
1. I don’t consider my annual OB/GYN appointment a spa day, because I can actually go to a real spa and put my feet up.
2. Happy tired children means earlier bedtimes without complaint.
3. My husband and I are in harmony regarding the indoor thermostat.
4. I don’t feel compelled to bake, which equals a 2-3 lbs weight loss for me.
5. No need for gloves, scarf, hat, or inhibiting layers of clothes.
6. No one bugs me for money.
7. No carpooling or rushing off to a million different activities.
8. I am not chained to the blow-dryer…though the result isn’t pretty.
9. Strep, viruses, ear infections, and other assorted illnesses take a back seat.
10. I get to catch up with re-runs of episodes I never got to watch because someone was throwing up, having a meltdown, or needed patches ironed onto their girl scout vest (okay… glue gunned , don’t judge me).