There was an error in this gadget

Monday, May 7, 2012

Grappling with the"Grapple"


What is a grapple you ask? Well, I assure you, it isn’t anything I made up. As I was grocery shopping the other day, gathering my brightly colored produce,  (it always makes me happy to see a cartful of produce ranging in the greens, purples, oranges, reds and yellows) when low and behold I noticed in the apple aisle, a package with four “grapples.”  My curious nature got the best of me and I just had to know what the heck a grapple was. 

Sorry, if I’m a little nostalgic for the 5 minutes of my life that I can never get back to research the seemingly innocent and innovative grapple.  A grapple, for those who aren’t aware, is a grape infused apple.  Now, you could say, “hey, that’s innovative; two great tastes in one, like a Reeses peanut butter cup.”  I would rather eat the Reeses. I would tend to agree with you if the grape flavor wasn’t a corn syrupy, artificially flavored injectible.  Besides, who even wants a grape infused apple? What’s with the identity crisis? You eat either an apple, or a grape, or here’s a fresh approach, how about a fruit salad with those fruits and have a grapple salad?  What’s next? A blueberry infused banana? A  Bluenana or a Nanaberry?  What about a pineapple infused pomengranate?  A Pomapple? Ridiculous.  

Here’s my nutrition tip of the day…if a fruit has ingredients listed on it….don’t buy it!


1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh when I read this post... I actually tweeted about the Grapple a few weeks ago. I was exactly like you - the Grapple was like a train wreck, I had to see what it was about. Funniest of all, it was situated in a display next to the ORGANIC apple section. Really? Is *that* where you're going to get the most customers wanting to purchase this product? LOL I just can't believe there's (seemingly) enough of a market out there to warrant putting this product on the shelves.

    ReplyDelete